Saturday, 13 April 2013

Sunday thought...

(First posted on Violets and Daisies on Sunday 22 July, 2012)

There are times in our lives when we can be reading God’s word, the Bible, and appear to be doing the “right” thing, when in reality we take none of it in and refuse to listen to what He would have to tell us. That has been me recently, I confess. In a sense, a refusal to pay heed to God’s word is in fact a form of rebellion against Him, and that was certainly the attitude of my heart recently. Basically, I was saying to Him, “Lord, I’ll read your word, I’ll give an outward appearance of following your word, but actually I’m angry at you for the way my life is at the moment, and so I’ll live my own way still thank you very much!” But last night, the Lord struck my heart and convicted me of my sin in this area, through a passage in Job:
“Behold, blessed is the one whom God reproves; therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty. For He wounds, but He binds up; he shatters, but his hands heal.” – Job 5:17,18
In every circumstance, every trial, GOD IS IN CONTROL. This is what I was refusing to remember. God may be disciplining me or He may be shaping me and drawing me closer to Him through my trials. Whatever the case, I had been “despising His discipline”. So if you read this at a time when you, like me, are going through a difficult time, I urge you to remember this! And to top it all, in my email inbox this morning was this post from  My Morning Ti which I highly recommend you read!
God bless you as you serve Him!
 
Your sister in Christ,
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment