Thursday, 8 May 2014

Have Faith!

Hi all! 

I hope you are all having a very blessed week! Just some general admin stuff to go through! I'd love it if you could do the poll on the top right hand side of the blog which is annonymous and just for me to have an indication of what is best/easiest for you all to keep up with postings etc. I would also love your feedback on what type of material helps you most - quotes, music, website links etc. I really want to be a source of encouragement to you all, and want to work out how to best use the time I have avaliable in a way that will be God-glorifying and helpful to you! :) Also, a reminder that I post most frequently on the Rejoice in the Lord always Facebook page, so if you want encouragement more often than the blog itself offers, feel free to check that out. :) 

For a self-confessed "old-fashioned" young lady who loves classical music and old hymns, I have slowly been trying to branch out of my comfort zone and look at the words and messages a song sends, rather than just the style of music (much as that is important)! I realise that we all have different tastes, and so I will attempt on this blog to post songs that have wonderful lyrics in order to encourage those whose taste may differ from mine. :) Of course, this does not mean I endorse everything by an artist or the theology behind everything! :P Rather, what is most important (I am learning!) is the messages a song sends, some of which have incredible lyrics for when we go through hard times.

All that said, I stumbled across this amazing song. I absolutely love the chorus - what a powerful reminder for those of us going through trials: "Have faith, believe, through the hard times and the good. Have faith, believe, He will work it out, He'll work out all things for good." 

Have Faith ~ Elizabeth South



If we have faith in God
we can move mountains.
If we believe
and do not doubt.
If we will seek His will
and find what pleases Him
then our hearts will conform to His
and we can be confident.

Have Faith
Believe
Through the hard times and good.
Have Faith
He will work it out
He'll work all things for good.
Have Faith


If we cast our cares on Him
He will sustain us.
If well be still
and wait for Him.
If we will trust His word
and not in our own strength
then He'll carry us through the storm
and we can be confident. 

Chorus x2


If we will reach out to Him
He'll hear our cry.
And though things may not be so good
He'll work it out.
And though we may fall
He'll lift us up.

Chorus x2

God bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment