Thursday, 27 November 2014

Sing in the Rain because of All the Ways He Loves Us!

I'll admit: I felt rather clever combining two song titles into one like that! :) Sorry that I haven't been posting as often as I'd like, things feel quite crazy for me at the moment: God has a way of complicating our lives suddenly and often uses trials of one kind or another to do just that and to draw us ever closer and nearer to Him.

I've been listening exhaustively to these two songs by Moriah Peters, and while it's not really my style, there are some good thoughts in the words here that I thought I'd share. We need to be actively "singing in the rain" a.k.a. praising God and cultivating an attitude of thankfulness when trials come our way. As I read just a few days ago in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18: "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."God always has us in His loving, soverign arms no matter how crazy and complicated life may seem to get. I need to remember this as much as the next person! And oh: how He love us, not for anything we have done but for what His Son has done for us! Look upon Christ and all He has done, as the second song also reminds us, when you face trials!

Sing in the Rain


 If I could fly like a bird
Singing songs to the world then I would
But here I am on the ground
With troubles that I wish that I understood

But in the dark, in the sun
I believe that Your love is still good
God, You're so good

I wish that life could be
Carefree, sunny, never cloudy
But You said that I would be
In Your arms when things get crazy
So when the storm doesn't go away
I have decided to sing in the rain


We all want the easy way
No one ever prays for pain
We'd rather live the charmed life

But like a seed in the earth
If I'm gonna grow, it's gonna hurt
But after, You'll bring sunlight

But I have seen beauty come
When my world has come undone
You came through at the right time

Chorus

I'm, I'm not gonna sit here doing nothing
No, I'm gonna sing Your name
Jesus, Jesus, You give me, give me something
That makes me wanna sing in the rain

Jesus, You give me something
You make me wanna sing
Doesn't matter what's gonna happen to me
Jesus, Jesus, You give me, give me something

I'm, I'm not gonna sit here doing nothing
No, I'm gonna sing in the rain

I've also been finding the words in this song by Moriah Peters also good. I especially love the bit at the end where "He loves" is repeated. Doesn't it just make you want to worship the Lord for all He has done and is doing? :D

All The Ways He Loves Us


He takes darkness and turns it into light
He takes sorrow and makes it alright
He holds our hearts not just when their broken, no
We're in His arms and He will never let us go
He's our Father, we're His children

From the sun coming up to the sun going down
Every breath we breathe in and breathe out
Blessings are given as we are living for Jesus
He's the beginning and He is the end
He will be faithful again and again
We give Him praise for all the ways He loves us


Who would come down from a heavenly throne
To be humbled and to make our world His home?
What redemption, oh, He chose a cross to save
What affection, He died in our place
His grace is always reaching

Chorus

He gave His life away
We worship unashamed

Chorus

For all the ways He loves us
For all the ways He loves us

He loves, he loves, he loves, he loves
He loves, he loves, he loves, he loves us
He loves, he loves, he loves, he loves
He loves, he loves, he loves, he loves us 

A final note, I saw this quote on another blog and I thought I'd share it too. :)
“I have learned that in every circumstance that comes my way, I can choose to respond in one of two ways: I can whine or I can worship! And I can’t worship without giving thanks. It just isn’t possible. When we choose the pathway of worship and giving thanks, especially in the midst of difficult circumstances, there is a fragrance, a radiance, that issues forth out of our lives to bless the Lord and others.” ~ Nancy Leigh DeMoss
 Let's choose to worship God today, no matter what we are facing!

God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your latest post was so very true and encouraging. Just a few thoughts. It is interesting that Paul wrote, "Rejoice always; again I say, Rejoice." (Philippians 4:4) And yet he wrote to the Church in Rome, "I am speaking the truth in Christ- I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness in the Holy Spirit- that I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart." This anguish he had for his fellow Jews who are cut off from Christ. On the one hand Paul rejoices always, and on the other hand he has great sorrow and unceasing anguish in his heart. In the one man there exists both a rejoicing of the the Lord always, and a sorrow and a continuous anguish in his heart. I think it helps us to know that people often experience more than emotion at any given time and that it is possible to have joy and sorrow coexist in the same person and this adds a depth to worship that dispels the often shallow and frivolous worship that pervades much of the church today. It is not only possible but is often the case that the human heart still rejoices in God even when in the depths of sorrow and anguish over the pain and suffering that is part of living in this fallen world.

    Thanks again for you post Violet,
    Much blessings,
    Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your helpful comment Kerry! :) There is so much truth here - I definitely should think about writing a post on this sometime (or even better, maybe you should!) :) That is so true that it's often easy to focus on the need to worship and praise the Lord and be joyful always (as I tend to focus on in this blog) while neglecting the reality that while in this life we will still be sorrowful and complete and full joy only comes when we go to be with Christ. Its both/and, not either/or while on this life! I definitely agree with you here and think that it would be good to write further on this sometime (or you could if you are willing....) :) God bless! Your sister in Christ, Violet

      Delete